Implementing funding for the Zvw and the Wlz
Zorginstituut Nederland plays an important, active role in relation to the the Health Insurance Act (Zorgverzekeringswet, Zvw) and the LongTerm Care Act (Wet Langdurige Zorg, Wlz) funds.
This role involves:
- Managing the funds within the framework of the Zvw and the Wlz. Each year the Zorginstituut draws up an annual report for each fund, accounting for the incoming and outgoing funds.
- Managing the premiums paid by employers and allowancepaying organisations for health care costs. These premiums are the incomedependent contributions for the Zvw and the Wlz.
- Dividing the premium funds among health insurers (risk equalisation) and health care liaison offices.
- Supplying health insurers and health care liaison offices with administration cost budgets within the framework of the Wlz.
- Implementing subsidy arrangements, such as extramural treatment, ADLcare and primary care residence.
- supports implementation of the Wlz and the Social Support Act (Wet maatschappelijke ondersteuning, Wmo) by managing information standards (iWlz and iWmo).